Wednesday 22 June 2011

Target Audience

Unlike mainstream feature films, short films have a more specific demographic, usually appealing to a few types of people in general:
-People who are studying them
-Unemployed students/amateurs trying to gain a career in the film industry
-Those that are already in the film industry at a higher level

My demographic
The demographic for the films I have looked at in the genre I want to pursue are a niche audience, the vast majority are women, ranging from 18 - 60's who enjoy emotive and true-to life stories. 

My story is a representation of the loss of family and the hardship it is to go through such a loss, it will be easily relatable to women of any age and will heighten both happy and sad emotions, thus making each one seem all that more dramatic.
I will use dramatic music to reinforce the emotional themes which will be running throughout my movie and will use a dramatic and passionate voice-over to narrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment